Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Valentine's Day Magnet Dolls - Introducing Lil' Violet Valentine

I am in the process of creating smaller, more functional versions of my dolls for Valentine's Day. I have completed two so far. When I can find some time, there are five more blank dolls waiting to be born.
Working this small is not easy. I may go blind in the process, but I enjoy holding the finished product in my hands in about three hours. These dolls are sculpted with Creative Paperclay over 18 gauge jewelry wire, painted with a variety of acrylics, details applied with fine-point paint pens.

I'd like to introduce you to Lil' Violet Valentine. She is a little over 4 inches long and 1.5 inches wide. I hand-sewed her clothing, hat, and heart-shaped purse. The clothing was sewn directly to her body and secured with a little bit of Superglue. Her hat was also Superglued to her head. Her necklace is a small turquoise stone that comes from an assortment of broken jewelry I have received from friends and family members. Her hat is also detailed with these turquoise bits. She has two small magnets secured to her back and currently adorns our refridgerator.

Lil' Violet Valentine will be available for purchase on my Etsy site and more magnet dolls are on the way! Off to bed to rest for school in the morning. Thanks for reading and goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment